Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Uruguay Redux

So, now that the program has ended and I am on vacation time I have switched gears into a bit of a tour guide.  I went back to Colonia, Uruguay but took the faster ferry through Buquebus this time.  We ended up leaving a little late, but it turns out that even though they quote 1:15 minutes to get to Colonia, it probably takes closer to an hour.

The Duty Free shop on the faster ferry was much larger - two floors!  However, you aren't allowed to go on the top deck, so the only view is from the windows.

This time we went to Uruguay it was imperative that we eat at El Drugstore again.  I know I alluded to the delicious food here in my previous blog, but I never got around to writing the review because of my computer problems.  Everything that I have had there has been ridiculously delicious.

El Drugstore

Shrimp in Lemon Sauce

Sweet & Sour Chicken
This time the weather was much better and some of the pictures we were able to get were a little more typical of what people might enjoy about Colonia.  It was easy with a golf cart again to finish all of the sights in one day.  We arrived at 10 a.m. and then our ferry left at 8:30 p.m. which allowed us to view the sunset.

The wind was a little stronger on the second trip.
The sky was a little more clear. 
Sunset with a man and his dog fishing

Sunset

Sunset

Sunset

Sunset

Hope you enjoyed the pictures of the sunset.  Shortly after we returned to the terminal to be processed back to Argentina.  I now have a lot of stamps on my passport...

Ciao,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment