Translate

Saturday, June 2, 2012

22 Hours Until Takeoff

Today I volunteered at the Fire in the Hole BBQ Competition that will benefit Blue Santa and the turnout was really great.  I came home and took a short nap and now I head to work from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. 

When I return home from work I will probably take a short nap and finish up packing the things that I use everyday and couldn’t be pre-packed.  I plan on having one nice last breakfast with Jason as we head to the airport and my flight is scheduled to leave KCI at 2:35 p.m.

I then arrive at DFW around 4:15 p.m. and have to switch terminals to get everything boarded on my international flight that is scheduled to leave at 7:15 p.m.  This is when I will talk to everyone for the last time until I set up communications in Argentina.  My SIM card was delivered so hopefully I will have a workable cell phone as soon as I land and can get it configured to the Argentinian number.  I will call Verizon and suspend my service and my cell phone number will not work until I return.

I arrive in Buenos Aires at 7:15 a.m. local time, which is 2 hours ahead of the time here in Kansas.  We are supposed to meet KU personnel and then be taken to our host families.  We will be shown by our host families how to get to the Universidad de San Andres where I will be studying using the public transportation system.  Our orientation there is scheduled for 3 p.m. and hopefully a lot more gets explained while we are there.

So… this is my last blog post until I am in a new country… wish me luck.

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment