Translate

Friday, June 1, 2012

Going Away Party & Pre-packing

I had my going away party on Tuesday and a lot of people were able to make it.  I had a really busy end to the semester and there are still people that I haven’t been able to see, but I was excited with the turnout.

I also received a few gifts from people because it was also a combination birthday party.  We mostly hung out in the back yard and it was the first time most of my family had seen Jason & I’s house in Lawrence.  I got to use my camera and get pictures with a lot of the guests and Jason joked that it was in case my plane went down.

I spent Wednesday with Jason and we went to dinner and to see a movie and then headed back to our house so I could pre-pack.  I was able to pack a bunch of things that I don’t use regularly so they are ready to go and then just started to pack the rest of the things to make sure they would fit and that I wasn’t missing anything.  It turns out that so far I realized I was missing shaving cream, fingernail clippers and a notebook.

Also, I was able to resolve my issues with Best Buy before I left.  We signed up for DirectTV and then if we spent $399 at Best Buy they would get us a $150 gift card… well Best Buy split my orders for pickup and thus my one receipt wasn’t $399.  Well, today I went back to Best Buy and had them re-combine all of the orders and then talked to the guy with DirectTV about my issues and he knocked an additional $5 off per month for the first 12 months and gave me 6 months of free Showtime… AND I am still getting the gift card!

Countdown to Takeoff:  58 Hours

Tomorrow’s Agenda:  Haircut, Clean the Car and Work…

No comments:

Post a Comment