Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Zoo...Vino, MORE vino...and Tango Lessons

On Saturday I went to the zoo and paid for a basic ticket, which was $30 ARS which is about $7.50 US.  It kept me out of the aquatic exhibit and the reptile exhibit, but gave me access to everything else.  I like seeing the animals, but it worked a little differently than in the U.S.  Here they combine Zoo and Petting Zoo kind of.  A lot of different animals were allowed to roam free in the park and the kids were allowed to feed and pet a bunch of the animals.

I also watched the Polar Bear try and get away to a place where there weren't people watching him and he couldn't because his cage was locked to keep him outside during business hours.  Most of the cages were pretty dirty inside and the water in some exhibits that would normally be crystal clear in the states was green and had dirt and things in it.

This little guy above seemed terribly uncomfortable and I am not sure, but it sort of appears that his back side is inflamed compared to the rest of them.

So, to make a sort of sad trip to the zoo a little more sad... this cute little girl was begging at the subway station.  She would just tug on your coat a little and make a super sad face a point to her cup, and then when you gave her money she would get this super big smile on her face.  Basically: She was a professional.

After the Zoo I went home and got changed for dinner and drinks with Tori, one of the girls on the trip.  I am not much of a wine drinker, but it's so cheap here and delicious I decided to have a Chardonnay with our pizza dinner.  The pizza was a little more expensive than other places, but absolutely delicious.  They don't put as much marinara sauce on the pizza here and pile on more cheese!  Well it turns out that there weren't very many options for wine by the glass, and she wanted a red wine so we both got a bottle a piece. Well, at the end of the meal there was some confusion when she asked him for both bottles "para llevar" (to go) and he thought she meant an additional bottle of wine for each of us plus re-corking what we already had.  So... moral of the story: I drank two bottles of Chardonnay last night.
This is Tori right before we started those second bottles...

We took some lessons in Tango, but it was a little difficult to hear the woman putting on the class.  I think that I was able to catch the basic movements of the dance, but I am not going to be a professional any time soon.

Chau,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment