Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Movies & Homework

Today was a day spent mostly going to a movie and doing homework in preparation for Monday's classes to begin.  A couple of the other students and I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman at a Cinemark that is really close to our houses in the Palermo district.

Here are some things that are different than the United States

  • There is only one line that serves all of the people that are purchasing tickets and that line is about 75-100 people long.
  • On your ticket your seats are assigned, we didn't have a choice of seats - so we assume that it seats people from best to worst seating which is predefined. 
  • You then give your ticket to the ticket taker and go into the theater.  This process took more than 25 minutes.
  • Once you get in the theater they wheel in a cart of drinks and candies in case you didn't have enough time to purchase them outside (more lines) than you can do it during the previews.
  • Everyone clapped at the end of the movie.

I took a picture of the guy with the light-up treat cart with my cell phone.  We obviously showed up later than everyone else not knowing that it takes so long to get to your seat... so we were sat in the front row.

I had to watch a movie that was set in Buenos Aires for my homework and write a couple hundred words summarizing the movie and also had to complete some other things for class tomorrow.  

I was invited to a Rock & Roll dancing class by my host mom, so I think we are going there pretty soon...

I thought I would also include a picture of Mia... she is the puppy of the house here, and her little bark freaks Sadie out when she can hear it over Skype... and it's hilarious! 


Hope everything is going really well for everyone,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment