Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Traveling the El Tigre

Yesterday I didn't have the chance to blog because we took the subway to the China town in the far North part of the city.  So here is a wrap up of my Thursday night and Friday for everyone.

On Thursday night a group of us went to a bar called Port in Palermo SOHO, a part of the city.  On Thursdays they have free Pizza all night as long as you are drinking.  I took the subway and for some reason it was abandoned and I didn't have to pay to use it... so that was pretty great.

I tried an Argentine beer called Buho and I chose the have the "Blonde" Ale.  It was actually pretty delicious and tasted like a nice Boulevard Pale Ale, but maybe just not as much after taste and little less hoppy.


After everything was said and done I think that I spent a total of $31 US to go out, eat free pizza, drink and then come home in a Taxi.  It's not bad, but prices fluctuate a lot depending on location here - so there is a chance that we'll just have to learn the lay of the land to understand what is a good place to go.  This particular bar was pretty awesome because of the all of the artistic graffiti on the walls.


On Saturday we went to China Town and it was pretty cold so I ended up buying a stocking cap that I didn't pack because I didn't think I would need here.  It turns out in US dollars I think it only costed about $7, so that's not bad.  I also found a store with a ridiculous amount of fresh sushi for sale (average price $4 US per roll).


We walked up and down the banks of the river El Tigre and the river was pretty dirty, but it was still impressive.  I took the following picture of a bike that was abandoned next to the bank of the river.


We are going back and taking a boat tour of the river in a couple of weeks and I think that will be pretty interesting.  After walking along the bank for awhile we ended up at the Museum of Art which had an beautiful lawn.

Museo de Arte en El Tigre

When we returned from the Museum of Art we were able to meet some of the students from the actual University of San Andres.  They were all soooo impressive.  They spoke at least two languages and some three languages and had traveled many different places in the world.  We were able to sit and talk with them and I think that some of them will join us on other excursions.


This was Tomas who spoke to us at our table. He is from the Patagonia region in South Argentina and spoke a few languages and had studied English since he was a child.  He also took a year and spent it in Europe and then returned to school... he is still in his early 20's and has had a lot of experiences in the world.

Saturday Agenda:  Laundry Day & Tango Lessons


No comments:

Post a Comment